Manuscripts

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

Export this record

Export record to excel

File type to download

Beta version

Record title

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

Call numbers

MLMSS 2441

Record identifier

16AJBvVn

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

ACCESS
https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/16AJBvVn

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

Full title

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

Call Numbers

MLMSS 2441

Record Identifier

16AJBvVn
Physical Description

Contents

30 volumes, 11 boxes, 9 folders, 2 portfolios and 1 slip box of textual material, including outsize material - manuscript, typescript, printed

Other Descriptions

Level of description

Fonds

Access and use

Terms of use

Ask a Librarian online or in the reading room.

Issue Copy

Microfilm : Marriage registers, 1873-1962 & baptisms register, 1951-1964).

Finding aids

Contents list available in the Mitchell Library Reading Room (1-219C)
-

More information

SCOPE AND CONTENTS

Contents

The records consist of minute books, 1879-1963; agenda and summary of deacons' and church meetings, 1900-1906, 1910-1922, 1948, 1955-1956; Annual reports, 1899-1918, 1923, 1952-1956, 1959-1962; registers (baptisms, 1951-1964; marriage, 1873-1891, 1896-1962); weekly offering registers, 1910-1926, records re church members, 1879-1954; financial rec...

ALTERNATIVE TITLES

Full title

Mathison Congregational Church (Croydon, N.S.W.) records, 1873-1968

AUTHORS, ARTISTS AND CONTRIBUTORS

NOTES

General note

Available for reference

Description source

Information transferred from Manuscripts Leaf Catalogue No. 1 (1-219C) as part of the eRecords Project, 2010-2011

CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION

Source

On loan from the Croydon Joint Parish

Administrative / Biographical history

The church was formed as the Croydon Congregational Church in 1879 with the Reverend Walter Mathison as its first minister. From 1913 to 1919 the new church at Epping was worked in conjunction with Croydon Church and again in 1955 Croydon was sharing its minister with the church at Sunnyside. The name of the church was altered in 1921 to the Mathis...

Identifiers

PRIMARY IDENTIFIERS

Call Numbers

MLMSS 2441

Record Identifier

16AJBvVn

Permalink

https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/16AJBvVn

OTHER IDENTIFIERS

Reference code

422526

How to access this item