Full title: Scott family - collection of studio portrait photographs
Author/creator: Batchelder & O'Neill, Bradley, William, Falk Studios (Firm), Freeman & Co, Freeman Brothers, Glaister, Thomas, active 1854-1870, Gorus, John, approximately 1830-1916, Johnstone, O'Shannessy & Company Limited, King, Henry, 1855-1923, Lomer & Co, Ludwig, August, Maguire (Photographer), Murrell & Co, Newman, J. H. (John Hubert), 1830-1916, Perry, William George, Sydney & Melbourne Fine Art & Photographic Company, Talma & Co, Webster, Hartley, active 1852-1900.
Date: approximately 1865-1900, 1902, 1908, 1921.
Call Numbers: PXA 1023
Record Identifier: 1kVd3gPn
Formats: Pictures, Photographs
Contents: 269 photographs - 29.6 x 21.5 cm or smaller - carte-de-visite and cabinet photographs
Many of the photographs have a paper label on the reverse stating that they were published for J.W.R. Clarke Bookseller & Stationer.
No.130 has text on the border of image in a later hand.
No.160 [Marquis George Augustus Constantine Phipps Normanby] was unable to be located at the time of repatriation of this material.
No.167 has a piece missing from the bottom right hand corner.
From the `Scott family papers' (MLMSS 38 Mitchell Library)
This material was formerly located in the Mitchell Library Portrait File (P1), and forms part of the pictorial material of the Scott family papers.
A list of pictorial material from the Scott family collection, is available in the "Guide to the Papers of the Scott Family in the Mitchell Library, Sydney. Part 1 (1979)", pp. 36-41, Mitchell Library.
Transfer from Mitchell Library Portrait File (P1), July 2004
Digital order no:Album ID : 824159
9. Copy print
17. Born December 21, 1804, died April 19 1891. Copy print of drawing
36. Signed and dedicated "with love from"
41. With quote underneath printed title.
42. 1836 copy print of drawing
44. With quote under printed title.
55. Treasurer of the International Woman Suffrage Alliance, London. Postcard format. Both are signed and dated. One copy is addressed to Rose Scott
60. Postcard format
63. On reverse "19 years old & only 31 inches high"
64. Copy print
82. Foldesy postcard format.
96. Signed on reverse, "For Rose / Gowlland / 1872
111. Photograph of portrait medallion
113. Copy print
126. Photo copy print, postcard format
131. With dedication on the reverse "NES. with Love from M.J. Ocr. 28/90"
147. Abrahams, sculptor of Degotandi Photo-lith.
157. Missing July 2004
161. Signed "Yours Sincerely / Max O'Rell / 4.10.82"
188. From left to right as inscribed on reverse: Earl Cairns, Miss or Mrs Romilly, Mr Romilly
200. "Drowned March 15th Sunday 187? 1879?" in pencil on reverse.
203. Signed copy
210. Signed with dedication on reverse "To Miss Scott with affectionate greetings"
218. Signed by sitter
224. Postcard format with address to Miss Rose Scott on reverse.
226. Art Series postcard with illustrations
233. Signed by sitter
240. Copy print
243. With dedication to Miss Scott on reverse.
255. 'After descending the Band of Hope Gold Mine, Ballarat, Australia Decr. 10th 1867 "Dec. 1870"' in pencil on reverse
256. Possibly Tommaso, Prince of Savoy, Duke of Genoa (1854-1931)
257. Visited the Australian colonies in 1887
258. Tattooed on her chin, necklaces, and clock adorned in feathers seated beside an unidentified female in traditional dress.
MMS ID: 110326067