SLNSW-Captn. Piper's Estate, details plotted from grant...-74VKDRrv5Wab
Captn. Piper's Estate, details plotted from grant [cartographic material] / P. L. B.
Full title: Captn. Piper's Estate, details plotted from grant [cartographic material] / P. L. B.
Author/creator: Bemi, P. L.
Date: [Between 1811 and 1846].
Call Numbers: Maps/0402
Record Identifier: 74VKDRrv5Wab
Formats: Manuscript Maps
Contents: , 1 ms. map : col., mounted on linen ; 13 x 13.5 cm.
Publishers: [Between 1811 and 1846]
Area: land grants in the area that is now Leichhardt, New South Wales.
Dating: [between 1811 and 1846]: Hugh Piper and Captain John Piper received their land grants in 1811, and in 1846-1847 Walter Beames purchased 'Piperston Estate' and renamed the property 'Leichhardt' after his friend the explorer, Ludwig Leichhardt -- Leichhardt - an historical timeline http://www.leichhardt.nsw.gov.au/Leichhardt---an-historical-timeline.html.
Map shows cove, bay, road between [Parr.?] and Sydney, measured allotments, and land belonging to Hugh Piper - "Macquarie Gift", John Piper - "Piperston", and Jno. Tho. Prentice - "Hampton Farm."
Part of the Reuss collection.
Transferred from: with maps: drawer B13.
Additional physical form availability note:
Online at the State Library of NSW