Full title: Recovering Australian threatened species : a book of hope / editors: Stephen Garnett, Peter Latch, David Lindenmayer and John Woinarski.
Author/creator: Garnett, Stephen, 1955-, Latch, Peter, Lindenmayer, David, Woinarski, J. C. Z. (John Casimir Zichy), 1955-, Garnett, Stephen.
Call Numbers: H 2018/0794, G 2018/2229
Record Identifier: 74VKVNBGrwrA
Contents: xviii, 342 pages : colour illustrations, maps, charts ; 25 cm., , , , , , 1. Turning threatened species around: celebrating what we have done well / Stephen T. Garnett, Peter Latch, David B. Lindenmayer and John C.Z. Woinarski -- 2. Recovery of Australian subpopulations of humpback whale Megaptera novaeangliae / Peter L. Harrison and John C. Z. Woinarski -- 3. Eradication of invasive species on Macquarie Island to restore the natural ecosystem / Keith Springer -- 4. Management of seabird bycatch leads to sustainable fisheries and seabird populations / G. Barry Baker and Graham Robertson -- 5. Mary’s Famous Five: a story of connection, commitment and community in the recovery of threatened aquatic species in the Mary River catchment, Queensland / Tanzi Smith and Marilyn Connell -- 6. Spiny rice-flower: small, unassuming but with many friends / Vanessa Craigie, Debbie Reynolds, Neville Walsh, Steve Mueck, Liz James and Pauline Rudolph -- 7. Saving the pygmy bluetongue lizard / C. Michael Bull and Mark N. Hutchinson--
8. Malleefowl: answering the big questions that guide all malleefowl management / Sharon Gillam, Tim Burnard and Joe Benshemesh -- 9. From the brink of extinction: successful recovery of the glossy black-cockatoo on Kangaroo Island / Karleah Berris, Michael Barth, Trish Mooney, David Paton, Martine Kinloch, Peter Copley, Anthony Maguire, Gabriel Crowley and Stephen T. Garnett -- 10. Science, community and commitment underpin the road to recovery for the red-tailed black-cockatoo / Vicki-Jo Russell, Richard Hill, Tim Burnard, Bronwyn Perryman, Peter Copley, Kerry Gilkes, Martine Maron, David Baker-Gabb, Rachel Pritchard and Paul Koch -- 11. Collaborative commitment to a shared vision: recovery efforts for noisy scrub-birds and western ground parrots / Allan Burbidge, Sarah Comer and Alan Danks--
12. Back from the brink – again: the decline and recovery of the Norfolk Island green parrot (Cyanoramphus cookii) / Luis Ortiz-Catedral, Raymond Nias, James Fitzsimons, Samantha Vine and Margaret Christian -- 13. Progress in the conservation of populations of the eastern bristlebird from central coastal New South Wales and Jervis Bay Territory / David B. Lindenmayer, Chris MacGregor and Nick Dexter -- 14. Tasmania’s forty-spotted pardalote: a woodland survivor / Sally L. Bryant -- 15. Broad-scale feral predator and herbivore control for yellow-footed rock-wallabies: improved resilience for plants and animals = Bounceback / Robert Brandle, Trish Mooney and Nicki de Preu -- 16. Recovering the mountain pygmy-possum at Mt Blue Cow and Mt Buller / Linda Broome, Dean Heinze and Mellesa Schroder -- 17. Wild orchids: saving three endangered orchid species in southern New South Wales / Helen P. Waudby, Matt Cameron, Geoff Robertson, Rhiannon Caynes and Noushka Reiter--
18. Population enhancement plantings help save the Tumut grevillea) / John Briggs and Dave Hunter -- 19. The spiny daisy: the disappearance and re-emergence of a unique Australian shrub / Doug Bickerton, Erica Rees, Tim Field, Amelia Hurren and Christophe Tourenq -- 20. The path to recovery for the ‘extinct’ Lord Howe Island phasmid / Hank Bower, Nicholas Carlile, Rohan Cleave, Chris Haselden, Dean Hiscox and Lisa O’Neill -- 21. Against the flow: the remarkable recovery of the trout cod in the Murray-Darling Basin / Jarod P. Lyon, Mark Lintermans and John D. Koehn -- 22. Underbelly – the tale of the threatened white-bellied frog / Manda Page, Kay Bradfield and Kim Williams -- 23. Western Swamp Tortoise: slow and steady wins the race / Gerald Kuchling, Andrew Burbidge, Manda Page and Craig Olejnik--
24. Twenty-five years of helmeted honeyeater conservation: a government-community partnership poised for recovery success / Dan Harley, Peter Menkhorst, Bruce Quin, Robert Anderson, Sue Tardif, Karina Cartwright, Neil Murray and Merryn Kelly -- 25. Bringing back Warru: return of the black-footed rock-wallaby to the APY Lands / John Read, Peter Copley, Matt Ward, Ethan Dagg, Liberty Olds, David Taggart and Rebecca West -- 26. Recovery of the mainland subspecies of eastern barred bandicoot / Richard Hill, Amy Coetsee (nee Winnard) and Duncan Sutherland -- 27. Arid Recovery: a successful conservation partnership / Katherine Moseby, Peter Copley, David C. Paton and John L. Read -- 28. Effective conservation of critical weight range mammals: reintroduction projects of the Australian Wildlife Conservancy / John Kanowski, David Roshier, Michael Smith and Atticus Fleming--
29. The contribution of captive-breeding in zoos to the conservation of Australia's threatened fauna / Dan Harley, Peter R. Mawson, Liberty Olds, Michael McFadden and Carolyn Hogg -- 30. Mobilising resources for the recovery of threatened species / Samantha Vine, Linda Bell and Allan Williams -- 31. Reporting on success in threatened species conservation: the national policy context / Peter Latch -- 32. More than hope alone: factors influencing the successful recovery of threatened species in Australia / Stephen T. Garnett, Peter Latch, David B. Lindenmayer, David J. Pannell and John C.Z Woinarski.
Publishers: Clayton, Victoria : CSIRO Publishing, , Clayton, Vic. : CSIRO Publishing, 
Includes bibliographical references and index.
MMS ID: 991024163407302626