SLNSW-Judging for the people : a social history of the ...-74VKVPNP35ab
Judging for the people : a social history of the Supreme Court in Victoria 1841-2016 / edited by Simon Smith.
Full title: Judging for the people : a social history of the Supreme Court in Victoria 1841-2016 / edited by Simon Smith.
Author/creator: Smith, Simon, Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
Call Numbers: GQ 2016/556
Record Identifier: 74VKVPNP35ab
Contents: xxvii, 308 pages, : illustrations (some colour), portraits, facsimiles ; 26 cm., , , , , Part 1: Establishment of the Court --
1. The coming of the resident judges /
Janine Rizzetti --
2. 'A pile of buildings' built to last /
Susan Reynolds --
Part 2: People of the Court --
3. A glimpse at the frontline and the unsung heroes of the Court /
Jane Mayo Carolan --
4. The shaping of the legal profession /
Simon Smith --
5. The judges and their Court 1852-1900 /
John Waugh --
6. A bridging era 1900-1949 /
Susan Priestley --
7. The making of the modern Supreme Court 1974-2015 /
Charles Parkinson --
Part 3: The Court at work --
8. All very civil /
Mark Finnane --
9. The Court on the move /Don Garden -- 10. Capital crimes and the Supreme Court /Kathy Laster -- 11. Forensic medicine and the Supreme Court /
Stephen Cordner and Fiona Leahy --
12. Journalism and the Supreme Court /
Peter Gregory --
Appendix: Judicial Officers of the Supreme Court of Victoria to 1 January 2016.
Publishers: Crows Nest NSW Allen & Unwin, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references and index.