Architectural & Technical drawings

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

Export this record

Export selected records

Export record to excel

File type to download

Beta version

Record title

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

Call numbers

PXD 1029

Record identifier

n88EMKJn

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

ACCESS
https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/n88EMKJn

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

Full title

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

Date

1880-1969

Call Numbers

PXD 1029

Record Identifier

n88EMKJn
Physical Description

Contents

23 architectural drawings - 57 x 95 cm. or smaller - ink and wash on linen, card and paper

Other Descriptions

Level of description

Fonds

Arrangement

By size, date and grouped by architect/architectural firm

Access and use

Copying Conditions

Research & study copies allowed

Approval for publication required : Please apply to the Secretary of the Australian Club for written permission

Please acknowledge: : Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales and Courtesy copyright holder

Terms of use

Ask a Librarian online or in the reading room.

More information

SCOPE AND CONTENTS

Contents

1-1a. New South Wales Club House Bligh Street Sydney,
Basement plan
2. Ground floor plan
3. First floor plan
4. Second floor plan and Third floor plan
5. Section on line AB, Section of closests and Elevation of closests
6. Section on line CD (2 copies)
7. Section on line EF and Section on line GH
8. Section of cornice balus...

ALTERNATIVE TITLES

Full title

New South Wales Club: Architectural plans, 1880-1969

AUTHORS, ARTISTS AND CONTRIBUTORS

NOTES

General note

The New South Wales Club building at 31 Bligh Street was designed by William Wardell. There were various changes to the original building including the addition of another floor in 1916. After the merger of the Australian and the New South Wales Clubs further renovations were undertaken to accomodate the merged club. The Australian Club was housed...

Signature / Inscriptions

"18.9.1935 / Spain & Cosh / Drawn by C.A.A. / Traced by C.A.A. / Approved 9.10.1935 / Deputy City Building Surveyor / M.W.S. & D.B. / Assistant Engineer House Drainage, 27.9.1935" -- stamped or signed at lower edge (12-15).
"Spain and Cosh Architects for alterations and renovations to the NSW Club, 1935" -- (12-15)
"Budden, Nagle and Michael...

Attributions / Conjectures

Though unsigned, attributed to William Wardell, the original architect (1-10).

Reference: Library correspondence file

Conservation note

Extensive foxing and stains on linen drawings (1-10)

Mathematical data

Scale 1 inch = 8 feet, except where stated otherwise.

CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION

Source

Deposited by the The Australian Club (Sydney, N.S.W.), and subsequently presented to the Library, May 2019

Administrative / Biographical history

The New South Wales Club was founded in 1883 and merged with the Australian Club in 1969.
Reference: Library correspondence file

Identifiers

PRIMARY IDENTIFIERS

Call Numbers

PXD 1029

Record Identifier

n88EMKJn

Permalink

https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/n88EMKJn

OTHER IDENTIFIERS

Reference code

826038

How to access this item