Manuscripts

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

Export this record

Export selected records

Export record to excel

File type to download

Beta version

Record title

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

Call numbers

C 200

Record identifier

nQR2e6A1

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

ACCESS
https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/nQR2e6A1

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

Full title

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

Date

1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

Call Numbers

C 200

Record Identifier

nQR2e6A1
Physical Description

Contents

0.03 metres of textual material (1 box) - manuscript

Other Descriptions

Level of description

Fonds

Access and use

Terms of use

Ask a Librarian online or in the reading room.

Issue Copy

Microfilm : CY 1048, frames 1 - 72

Finding aids

More information

SCOPE AND CONTENTS

Contents

Roll book includes details of students' name, age, when admitted, time of quitting the school, parents name, occupation, residence and further remarks. In the back of the volume is a listing of students and their physical attributes including eyes, hair, height, teeth, nose, eyebrows and general remarks. Also included is an 'Inventory of things bel...

ALTERNATIVE TITLES

Full title

Male Orphan School Roll book, 1 January 1819 - 18 September 1848

AUTHORS, ARTISTS AND CONTRIBUTORS

NOTES

General note

Attribution to D.S. Mitchell based on similarity in binding of companion Letterbook at C 201 which has been signed by D.S. Mitchell

Digital order no:Album ID : 981145

Conservation note

Pages were removed from original volume and mounted in two folders, Jan. 2012. Original binding is at C 200

CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION

Source

Source unknown, probably bequeathed by D.S. Mitchell, 1907

Administrative / Biographical history

The Male Orphan School, established by Governor Macquarie, was opened in 1819 in the building in George Street, Sydney which had previously housed the Female Orphan School. In 1824 the boys were moved to a new school on a farm in that part of the Liverpool district which would later become Bonnyrigg. The School was governed by the Clergy and School...

Identifiers

PRIMARY IDENTIFIERS

Call Numbers

C 200

Record Identifier

nQR2e6A1

Permalink

https://collection.sl.nsw.gov.au/record/nQR2e6A1

OTHER IDENTIFIERS

Reference code

918530

How to access this item